Sonntag, 8. März 2009

springtime is coming





Although the daylight saving confused me a bit today - a different time at each clock - I had a great day. Springtime finally arrived today! I'm sure we had about 4°C today - people were running around wearing only sweaters and the restaurants opened their terrasses. I kept on wearing a hat and gloves - but I put my sunglasses on! What a feeling!!

So I spent my day walking around old montreal and visiting the old port! Fortunately I was in time for a spectacle calles "Les symphonies portuaries" - this was a weird concert of boat horns, bells and whistles! If I understood it right this was a kind of communication and welcome to special boats in the harbour of Montreal.

The weather forecast for the next weeks shows again temperatures far beyond -10°C but I think winter is over! The ice-skating ring in the harbour closed, and I'm not sure if the pont in the the parks are still save!
Sorry I didn't take any pictures of the fabulous winter-wonderland that I saw the first weeks - but it was just far too cold to take out the camara! *g*


Tomorrow starts a new working week - wish me luck that I'll enjoy this one better!

1 Kommentar: