Mittwoch, 18. März 2009

shocking demonstration

On Sunday we went for a little shopping tour, but after we couldn't really find anything we liked in the Plateau (Area where we live) I decided to have a look Downtown.
Bad Idea!
What I didn't know was that this Sunday there was a demonstration against Police Brutality - apparentely the only violent demonstration in Montreal! I was just shocked and seriously scared! I didn't know what's going on - I just saw masses of policecars, helicopters, reporters, and policeman running around, screaming, arresting people.. The demonstration was long over that time and we just saw the devastaion that was left behind. Burned out rubbish bins, broken shop windows, smashed decoration, demolished cars,...
I did not take any pictures because I was in a shock and just wanted to get away. Especially because I had no idea what was going on and why all these people where arrested and so on.

So when I finally got home I was happy to find my lovely flatmates with some friends cooking a nice dinner. Pasta with peanutbuttersauce - sounds disgusting but that's soooo good! Try it!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen