Unfortunately was my first week at work not so exciting and interesting as I hoped. Most colleagues don't have time to explain to me how I could help them, so I'm just doing some bits and pieces for some projects and am "getting informed" about all the other cool stuff that's going on.
Hopefully this is going to change soon!
The worst thing about this is that I'm just tired and exhausted after 8 hours in the office, in front of the computer without acutally doing a lot of challenging work. So when I come home all my flatmates are still working or studying, and I spend my evenings reading or watching movies. And then at about 11 pm or nearly midnight my energy is coming back and I want to do something - but I have to get up at 7:20 in the morning - so I have to go to sleep early.
I hope I will be getting used to this rythm soon - because I'm just tired the whole day!
So today I did my first sightseeing trip, because finally it's getting a bit warmer (around 1°C) and I don't feel like dying when I'm outside for more than 1 second! ;-)
My first trip was Sait Joseph's Oratory of Mont Royal - huge Basilica with a nice view over the city. I really enjoyed this quiet day and even stayed for the holy mass. The church is compared to european standard very new (built 1904) but hase a great atmosphere and even real candles! (Because in Spain even the most beautiful churches ruin their atmosphere with electronic plastic candles)
For tomorrow I planned to do the guided tour through the national library - because it's huge and I seriously got lost there when I applied for the membership card!
My french is getting better every day, I practically understand everything but I still have some serious issues when I'm trying to express myself. My flatmates find it trés drôle that I always put some spanish words in my sentences.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen