Samstag, 16. Mai 2009

ERE

This week the huge congress JPdL was organizing finally took place and I was on-site for the whole time. At the registration desk we dealt with all participants and all their little and big problems. As I knew the program by heart (after revising it over and over again in all 3 official languages) I helped to communicate the program changes and on the last 2 days I was the only spanish speaking person at the regsitration desk so I dealt with all the hispanics. And there were a lot! But it was a great feeling to be important for such a big event and to see what all the work was for.
But although I loved this experience I am not sure if I could be in the congress business forever. It's just 90% an office job. I would prefere incentive meeting or I also think about going back the the hotel industry where you have more direct contact with your clients.

While talking about plans for the futur - last week a friend of mine organized a beneficial evening for a orphanage in Peru where he will be volunteering for a month. It's the same organization Matthieu (my old flatmate) worked for... I talked a lot with them about their work and I think I'll go to Peru and work with children after I have finished my studies in Austria. Probably for a couple of month and then travelling south america! I wanted to do that already a long time ago and I hope this will work out this time. But I got a good feeling...

The rest of my days is quite usual, going out with friends, bbq, shopping, working,..

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen